Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: gotta question..

  1. #11
    Inactive Member omikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2003
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *giggles* hell, i was born and raised speaking english, and the language still confuses me to no end [img]tongue.gif[/img] i'd probably die of a brain overload trying to comprehend chinese text ^_^ [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^_^' I'm also raised in a English -sometimes my mom forces me to speak in Chinese- speaking household...but I learn Chinese -and English- at school...But now, I'm trying to learn Cantonese *looks at gramps* so that I can communicate with my 80+ grampa.

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ June 11, 2003 06:47 AM: Message edited by: ember_fang ]</font>

  3. #13
    Inactive Member omikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2003
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ah, the multiple languages ^_^; english for meee [img]tongue.gif[/img] speak just enough spanish to get by though >.> if you walked up to me on the street and asked me something i wouldn't know what the heck you said ^_^; a little german, a little french, and i'm known for going off on my friends in 6 different languages when mad ^^;;

  4. #14
    Inactive Member omikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2003
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Risu-chan:
    ^^;; back to the original point of the thread for a second, if I can interrupt the linguistic conversation a little...

    can you scan a couple pages and give me a link? From the cover text alone, it could be either Chinese or Japanese, and some inside text would be handy -- thanks! ^__^
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    *cough* right, right ^___^ i'll make some scans and post them up later on this afternoon. seeings how it's like... 1 pm and i should probably be doing things other than surfing messageboards ^_^

  5. #15
    Inactive Member SakuraSun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2003
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    o.o;; me ish chinese too.. *points to location* but really.. i whine because of my short term memory XD

    If anything, I need to learn to speak Taiwanese. I have a grandma that i'm incapable of communicating with >.>;;;;;

    marmot? it's a cat.. oO rather, insane looking cat. but a cat none-the-less [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ June 11, 2003 08:47 PM: Message edited by: SakuraSun ]</font>

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^^;; back to the original point of the thread for a second, if I can interrupt the linguistic conversation a little...

    can you scan a couple pages and give me a link? From the cover text alone, it could be either Chinese or Japanese, and some inside text would be handy -- thanks! ^__^

  7. #17
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can kinda communicate with my gramps...and I even taught him some English words! He knows how to say rice...but somehow, it comes out as "lice"... [img]tongue.gif[/img] ...

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Risu-chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 10th, 2003
    Posts
    659
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ^^;;; I feel amazingly rude trying to post about the original thread here, somehow, though it completely baffles me as to why...

    anyhow, thanks for the scans, Kat! (I can't type dotted things from my antiquated Win95 machine, sorry...) Yep, it's Japanese, and mercifully the author both typed large amounts of the dialogue and did so in a size that's reasonable for reading... wai! (I may need sharper images of some of the sides of the pages to get a couple of the kanji that turned out kinda blurry, but in general it looks supremely legible to me...)

    Upshot would be I'm willing to add it to my translation queue if you're willing to wait for me, although if you find someone less busy/faster I won't be offended! ^^;;

    Peculiar things my brain comes up with in this state of sleep-deprivedness: Ember-fang, I'm wondering if your sig file means you're actually a refugee from Pet Shop of Horrors...?

  9. #19
    Inactive Member omikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2003
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Risu-chan:
    ^^;;; I feel amazingly rude trying to post about the original thread here, somehow, though it completely baffles me as to why...

    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    lol, not rude at all [img]tongue.gif[/img] it is what the topic was about, afterall... [img]tongue.gif[/img] if you ignore us going completely off topic XD [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Sure, I can wait. ^_^ If you need better scans, let me know, those were pretty rushed. thank you sooo much ^__^

  10. #20
    Inactive Member ember_fang's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    44
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#ffffff"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Peculiar things my brain comes up with in this state of sleep-deprivedness: Ember-fang, I'm wondering if your sig file means you're actually a refugee from Pet Shop of Horrors...? </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    No [img]tongue.gif[/img] It's actually because I've a history of 'accidentally' killing of my pets... [img]eek.gif[/img] ...The first pets I had were mealworms...and they died...my second one, fishes, died too, and lastly, hamsters...I got a pair, male and female, they had many many children...but they too died, and most of their children too...mostly because their parents were cannibals...

    <font color="#660033" size="1">[ June 12, 2003 07:47 AM: Message edited by: ember_fang ]</font>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •